The purpose of Organizational Training is to develop the skills and knowledge of people sthey can perform their roles effectively and efficiently.
Table of Contents
Organizational Training includes training support the organization’s strategic business objectives and tmeet the tactical training needs that are common across support groups. Specific training needs identified by individual support groups are handled at the department level and are outside the scope of Organizational Training. HOD’s or the department in charge is responsible for identifying and addressing their specific training needs.
An organizational training program involves the following:
- Identifying the training needed by the organization
- Obtaining and providing training to address those needs
- Establishing and maintaining training records
- Assessing training effectiveness
Effective training requires an assessment of needs, planning, instructional design, and appropriate training media. As an organizational process, the main components of training include a managed training development program, documented plans, personnel with appropriate mastery of specific disciplines and other areas of knowledge, and mechanisms for measuring the effectiveness of the training program.
The identification of process training needs is primarily based on the skills that are required to perform the organization’s set of standard processes.
- Thave trained manpower this is competent to meet the present and future requirements of the organization.
- Improve and upgrade the skills and competencies of the employees for taking up higher responsibilities at the appropriate time.
- Bring about behavioural change, which is in consonance with the organizational value system.
- Encourage multiskilling for improving productivity.
- Utilize training as a motivational tool for employee’s growth and development.
- Conceptualize training needs assessment to determine the specific developmental needs for each position.
- Develop a comprehensive training program to address identified competencies for employees in all career fields.
- Prioritize training programs and present the results to the management for approval and delivery.
- Develop core curriculum and methods of delivery.
Training Need Identification: There shall be a methodology for identifying the existing skill gaps and skills needed for future business requirements. The key sources for such identification shall be:
- Training needs identified through the Performance Management System.
- Job description with regard to the individual profile.
- Feedback from the HOD / immediate supervisor on the basis of on the job performance of individual / group
- Career planning/ potential appraisal/succession planning.
- Organizational requirement.
Types of training
There are certain skills required which are common across all the businesses.
Training is categorized into groups:
- Internal training
- External training
Such programs shall form part of the organizations training need require
The internal training program is tailormade to fit in with specific requirements of the organization,
- A short-term expectation to upgrade the managing skills on a full scale.
- A tailor-made concept of conducting internal training to seek problem-solving methods.
- A dedication to sticking to organization culture, and helping streamline the department managing philosophy.
Following are the list of mandatory training which is conducted in the Hospital
- Training on the scope of service
- Percentage of employees whare aware of employee rights, responsibilities and welfare schemes.
- Training on policy on nonavailability of beds and emergency access to the healthcare services, triaging of patients & disaster management
- Training on patient and family rights
- Telephonic ettiquette
- Training on healthcare communication techniques
- Training on quality improvement programme and quality assurance programme (Printed Material)
- Training on incident reporting/ Training on practical demonstration of medication errors and other adverse event reporting systems.
- ACLS Training & BLS Training & Emergency care
- Training on the transfer of stable and unstable patient
- Training on guidelines identify early warning signs of change or deterioration in clinical conditions
- Training on the critical values and its reporting process in laboratory/imaging departments and in the concerned department
- Training on the rational use of blood and blood components.
- Training on admission and discharge criteria for intensive care and high dependency units
- Training on handling age-specific procedures/ paediatric cases
- Training on handling ICU patients & ICU management
- Training on consent procedure
- End of life care
- Training on preparation and administration of chemotherapeutic drugs
- Training on handling high-risk obstetric cases (NA)
- Training on handling vulnerable patients
- Training on restrain techniques
- Training on patient safety
- Training on the rational prescription of medications & Management of Medication
- Training on needle stick injury, PPE to prevent occupational hazards
- Training on hospital infection control
- Training on BMW management
- Training on emergency codes Code Red, Blue, pink, grey, black, orange and green
- Training on fire safety Code Red
- Code Grey/HAZMAT management Training on practical demonstration of actions like taking care of blood, chemical spills & handling spillage of cytotoxic drugs Code grey
- Training on hospital facility safety and occupational hazards
- Training on laboratory safety
- Training on radiation safety (Imaging safety practices and radiation safety measures)
- Training on handling spillage of radioactive drugs
- Training on PET CT
- Training on handling maintenance equipment (This shall include utility equipment like steam steriliser, DG set)
- Training on handling biomedical equipment
- Training one new job responsibilities
Apart from this where ever the department HODs/HR department identifies the requirement of a particular skill/knowledge, training shall be organized inhouse through a skilled employee or HOD.
External Training covers activities where development and learning take place, skills are enhanced and/or knowledge is gained to improve performance and completed the training would be entered in the employee’s training record.
Nomination criteria for the external training program
- An employee who has completed a minimum of 6 months in the organization will be eligible for the external training program.
- Identify potential employees we have the capability of taking higher / additional responsibility / general management position.
- HR department along with the concerned HOD shall draw out a plan for their job rotation.
Evaluation effectiveness of the training program
- The effectiveness of the training program in respect of program contents, faculty rating, duration, the methodology of training is analyzed by collecting training feedback form which will be filled up by all the trainee
- A pretest will be conducted for all the experienced staff and for refreshment training
- After the training posttest will be conducted
- Those who have failed the test shall repeat the training during the next session