Introduction To Human Resource Department
Human Resource Department is a key department that looks after Human Capital of the Hospital which includes Recruitment & Selection of the personnel as per the requirement of the Hospital, their Induction, Training & Development of personnel, Performance Appraisal and Administration of welfare activities, to maintain harmonious relations and to look after the needs of the employees.
Human Resources department’s mission is to provide reliable, consistent, competent and timely services and support to meet the needs of our employees, organization and other customers.
- Adds value to the organisation through a continuum of employee services from hire to retirement
- Facilitates a personally supportive and professionally productive experience
- Delivers HR services that support a diverse employee population and allows them to focus on their work
- Showcases how to organise values employee contributions by making this institution the “Best Place To Work Our Vision
Responsibility of Human Resource Department
- To prepare an organization chart and update it from time to time as per the requirements of the hospital.
- To carry out manpower planning continuously in order to see that the hospital does not face any shortage of right kind of personnel and at the same time, the hospital is not overstaffed.
- Recruitment & Selection – As per the manpower requirements to recruit and select the right kind of personnel and their fitment in the organization structure.
- Induction – Newly recruited persons have to be properly inducted into the organization. For this purpose, we have got induction program structured and newly recruited personnel are briefed about the organization structure, it’s culture and various benefits and perquisites available along with rules and regulations of the hospital that helps the new recruit to get familiar with the organization.
- Performance Appraisal – In order to motivate and reward the employees according to their performance, we have devised a Performance Appraisal Form and the employees will be merit-rated accordingly. There will be an annual review to evaluate their performance. Employees who perform exceedingly well will be considered for promotions and/or merit increments and a cash award.
- Training & Development – This is one of the key functions of the HRM dept. Employees are continuously trained in the order they acquire new skills and knowledge so that they are in a position to handle higher responsibilities. It is the objective of this department to see that each employee reaches his maximum potential by giving them continuous training.
- Career and Succession Planning – Our Hospital is new and in due course of time, we would like to introduce career and succession planning.
- To comply with statutory labour requirements – It is also the function of this department to comply with various labour laws like deduction of Provident Fund and remitting the same to the P.F. authority, administration of leave rules, compliance of Bombay Shop & Establishment Act etc.
- Administration of welfare activities – This department is also in-charge of welfare activities such as the distribution of textbooks and exercise books to the children of the employees, selection of best employees for best employee reward, selection of best department, selection of best suggestions etc.
- To decide job and responsibility of all employees and to schedule employee’s duty roster or to help the HOD of all department in scheduling the duty roster to meet patient’s requirement and 24 hrs patient’s care.
In short, this department looks after the employees from the day they are recruited until they retire from service
Scope of services of Human Resource Department
- Human resource or manpower planning.
- Recruitment, selection and placement of personnel.
- Training and development of employees.
- Performance appraisal for employees.
- Taking corrective steps such as transfer from one job to another.
- Remuneration of employees.
- Social security and welfare of employees.
- Setting general and specific management policy for organizational relationship.
- Contract negotiation and grievance handling.
- Aiding in the self-development of employees at all levels.
- Developing and maintaining motivation for workers by providing incentives and by conducting various programs
- Reviewing and auditing manpower management in the organization
- Role analysis for job occupants
- Job rotation
- Quality circle, organization development and quality of working Life