- In case of any notification by the Government Authority, the same shall be received and checked by the pharmacist.
- In case any of the drugs which are stocked in pharmacy is listed in the Gazette notice, that drug is immediately withdrawn from use & recalled from user department
- In case there is a notification by the manufacturer/supplier regarding a particular batch of a drug to be withdrawn from use for particular reasons, the drug needs to be recalled.
- In case there are alarming cases of adverse drug reactions, the drugs & therapeutics committee analyses the ADE and may ask for the withdrawal of the drug from use and also for medicine recall from all user areas.
- Any such situation where medicine needs to be recalled, the order shall be given after the consultation with the Drugs & Therapeutics Committee.
- The Pharmacy shall check the units where the drug (batch no. is considered, if there is a problem with a particular batch only) is distributed and the nurse in charge on duty shall be asked to send the drug back to the pharmacy.
- Recalled drugs are sent back to the manufacturer (in case of ADE) for detailed analysis of the problem.