The Safety Officer has been delegated the authority to act whenever conditions exist that pose an immediate threat to life, health, or property. The Safety Officer directs the planning and development of the safety program and the issuance of directives and recommendations concerning accident prevention.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive safety program which provides for the following;
- Regular and periodic facility and equipment inspections.
- Investigation of employee job-related accidents.
- Educational and training programs for supervisors and employees. Programs to promote increased safety awareness and accident prevention throughout the campus
- Reports to the General Manager Operations on a weekly basis the status of the safety program.
- Accumulate, maintain, and analyze accident records.
- Communicating and coordinating with the other interfacing teams such as Infection Control Committee, Radiation Safety Committee and Laboratory Safety team